Change isn’t always easy, fast, or simple. That’s why we’re here for each other.
Since 2015, participants of our open community have supported each other’s pursuit of social impact. Together, we have celebrated exciting career opportunities, new friendships, practical help for local projects, as well as inspiration during personal and professional transitions.
We come from diverse backgrounds ranging from sustainability to social development, entrepreneurship, health, fashion, technology, and more. We are united by a desire to connect authentically and to support each other by sharing knowledge, skills, and resources.
What to Expect:
- Potluck: Thanks to everyone’s participation, we always have a delicious, co-created meal!
- Group Dialogue: Each month a community member kickstarts a group dialogue by sharing a personal story or skill in the realm of social impact. Past topics have included risk-taking, networking from the heart, finding meaningful work, imposter syndrome, self care, graphic facilitation, and others.
- Ask/Offer Circle: Participants take turns to make an ask and/or offer. It’s always amazing to see what we can make happen as a group!
Join us on the 3rd Wednesday of each month.
Location: HiVE Kitchen & Lounge (210-128 West Hastings)
Cost: $5-10 suggested donation
Potluck: Please bring a healthy dish to share
September 20, 2017: Money, Assets & Abundance
“Collaboration creates prosperity.”
– Lynn Twist
In this session, we will examine how our assets – like money, character and capabilities – align with our best intention for doing good in the world. We’ll examine the concepts of money mindset, abundance and prosperity, and collectively identify ways to create more of these within our shared experiences.
To end the evening, we’ll share ways in which we can invest in our personal goals while supporting our community and environment (e.g. credit unions, B corps, buying local, co-ops, ethical and green services, etc.).
This month’s conversation starter is Kim Carmichael.
Kim can be described as imaginative idealist who sees the potential for a better future and is inspired to co-create a new paradigm to a “just” sustainable economy.
She is a lover of the outdoors and is currently promoting cycling as a viable mode of transportation through her volunteer work with HUB Cycling. She’s also working with a local group who are inspiring a Global Transformation of Consciousness to Realize Humanity’s Highest Potential through the understanding of mindful intelligence.
What people are saying:
“Safe space created was awesome.”
“I met the nicest people!”
“These 2 hours gave me the needed reflection in a busy schedule.”
“The event you put together is the best “networking” (I hate that word) event that I’ve ever been to.”
“I appreciate being with the creative, caring and authentic people of the SIGroup. I draw strength, ideas, inspiration and motivation from these get togethers.”
RSVP to save your seat
- Elizabeth Stevenson on vocal improv
- Julia Thiessen on wildcrafting and urban foraging
- Andee Pittman on co-design for engagement, equity, and sustainability
- Ileana Costrut on recognizing and working through fear
- Laura Cuthbert, Kudoz, on bringing yourself to work
- Miranda Maslany on graphic facilitation
- Katie Stewart, SAD Mag & HiVE, on risk-taking and knowing when to take the plunge
- Annika Reinhardt, Talent Collective, on finding your path to meaningful work
- Sarah Shandl, Dreamers + Doers, on building amazing things by connecting and collaborating
- Sarah Wall, Body Mind Spirit, on meditation and abundance mindset
- Maya Goodwill, HiVE Vancouver, on the imposter syndrome
- Chris Schuchmann on networking from the heart
- Joey Liu, The Food Connection, on community engagement & meaningful connections through vulnerability & authenticity
- Crystal Lee, Beyond Maybe, on slowing down