Change isn’t always easy, fast, or simple. That’s why we’re here for each other.
Since 2015, participants of our open community have supported each other’s pursuit of social impact. Together, we have celebrated exciting career opportunities, new friendships, practical help for local projects, as well as inspiration during personal and professional transitions.
We come from diverse backgrounds ranging from sustainability to social development, entrepreneurship, health, fashion, technology, and more. We are united by a desire to connect authentically and to support each other by sharing knowledge, skills, and resources.
We always end with an interactive Ask + Offer Circle where participants take turns to make an ask and/or offer. It’s always amazing to see what we can make happen as a group!
Next Event: Summer Picnic at Trout Lake
WHEN: Tuesday, July 31 from 6:30-9:00pm
WHERE: We will meet at John Hendry Park between Trout Lake Community Centre and the lake near Victoria Drive & 15th Ave.
WHAT TO BRING: Your own beverage and a potluck dish to share! Extra blankets and friends are always welcomed.
GROUP CONVERSATION TOPIC: Today’s Social Media
- Do you use social media?
- How much do you share?
- What do you like about it? What don’t you like about it?
- How do you use it for different purposes?
- Personal (e.g. staying in touch)
- Professional (e.g. finding a job)
- Social Impact (e.g. supporting a cause)
- How can social media support real, meaningful connections?
More events are coming in 2018!
If you like connecting with people, exploring new ideas, and being inspired, you’ll like what’s coming your way. Stay tuned by signing up for the Beyond Maybe newsletter.
What people are saying:
“Safe space created was awesome.”
“I met the nicest people!”
“These 2 hours gave me the needed reflection in a busy schedule.”
“The event you put together is the best “networking” (I hate that word) event that I’ve ever been to.”
“I appreciate being with the creative, caring and authentic people of the SIGroup. I draw strength, ideas, inspiration and motivation from these get togethers.”
- Kathleen Lane, Kathleen Lane Management Consulting, on UN’s Sustainable Development Goals and workplace health
- Kim Carmichael on money, assets, and sufficiency
- Elizabeth Stevenson on vocal improv
- Julia Thiessen on wildcrafting and urban foraging
- Andee Pittman on co-design for engagement, equity, and sustainability
- Ileana Costrut on recognizing and working through fear
- Laura Cuthbert, Kudoz, on bringing yourself to work
- Miranda Maslany on graphic facilitation
- Katie Stewart, SAD Mag & HiVE, on risk-taking and knowing when to take the plunge
- Annika Reinhardt, Talent Collective, on finding your path to meaningful work
- Sarah Shandl, Dreamers + Doers, on building amazing things by connecting and collaborating
- Sarah Wall, Body Mind Spirit, on meditation and abundance mindset
- Maya Goodwill, HiVE Vancouver, on the imposter syndrome
- Chris Schuchmann on networking from the heart
- Joey Liu, The Food Connection, on community engagement & meaningful connections through vulnerability & authenticity
- Crystal Lee, Beyond Maybe, on slowing down
Find recaps of past discussions in the blog section.