Change isn’t always easy, fast, or simple. That’s why we’re here for each other.
From 2015-2018, participants of our open community supported each other’s pursuit of social impact. Together, we celebrated exciting career opportunities, new friendships, practical help for local projects, as well as inspiration during personal and professional transitions.
We came from diverse backgrounds ranging from sustainability to social development, entrepreneurship, health, fashion, technology, and more. We were united by a desire to connect authentically and to support each other by sharing knowledge, skills, and resources.
We always ended with an interactive Ask + Offer Circle where participants took turns to make an ask and/or offer. It was always amazing to see what we could make happen as a group!
No new events are scheduled at this time but you are welcome to sign up for the email list to stay in touch.
What people have said:
“Safe space created was awesome.”
“I met the nicest people!”
“These 2 hours gave me the needed reflection in a busy schedule.”
“The event you put together is the best “networking” (I hate that word) event that I’ve ever been to.”
“I appreciate being with the creative, caring and authentic people of the SIGroup. I draw strength, ideas, inspiration and motivation from these get togethers.”
Thank you to all past contributors!
- Kathleen Lane, Kathleen Lane Management Consulting, on UN’s Sustainable Development Goals and workplace health
- Kim Carmichael on money, assets, and sufficiency
- Elizabeth Stevenson on vocal improv
- Julia Thiessen on wildcrafting and urban foraging
- Andee Pittman on co-design for engagement, equity, and sustainability
- Ileana Costrut on recognizing and working through fear
- Laura Cuthbert, Kudoz, on bringing yourself to work
- Miranda Maslany on graphic facilitation
- Katie Stewart, SAD Mag & HiVE, on risk-taking and knowing when to take the plunge
- Annika Reinhardt, Talent Collective, on finding your path to meaningful work
- Sarah Shandl, Dreamers + Doers, on building amazing things by connecting and collaborating
- Sarah Wall, Body Mind Spirit, on meditation and abundance mindset
- Maya Goodwill, HiVE Vancouver, on the imposter syndrome
- Chris Schuchmann on networking from the heart
- Joey Liu, The Food Connection, on community engagement & meaningful connections through vulnerability & authenticity
- Crystal Lee, Beyond Maybe, on slowing down
Find recaps of past discussions in the blog section.